Followers

Wednesday, June 11, 2014

YOU'VE GOT MAIL!


The 'You've Got Mail'  quilt (ours is named Love Letters) is done.  I just finished hemming the binding.  Miss Dottie thinks this is her quilt and I had to keep moving her off of it so I could get it bound.




This quilt was started last year, so it's another UFO finish for this year (3 total so far).  I'm a huge fan of French General fabric and this is from the Josephine line.  The rosy reds, warm browns and creams are perfect in our living room.  This will be our holiday quilt this year and probably for many years to come.  We don't have young children and the grandkids are adults now, so we do a more subdued holiday décor. 

I used one layer cake (10 inch squares) and yardage from my stash for this quilt.  It is layed out 5x6 and it has a 7 inch (unfinished) border.  The size of the quilt is 77x90 inches. 

The quilting was done by my LAQer Reggie and she did a beautiful job.  She stippled the center of the quilt and did a rose feather design in the borders.  Thanks again Reggie for bringing another of my quilts to life with your skills!

This quilt would be nice made from Christmas or Valentine prints.  It can also be made from 5" charm squares.

Thanks for taking the time to look.

Wishing you a life filled with Peace & Plenty and stacks of quilts. 


3 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Barb, as always your love letters quilt is beautiful as all the others you have made...I love the fabric line that you chose

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's a beautiful quilt Barb. Another great finish!

    ReplyDelete