Followers

Wednesday, June 11, 2014

SUMMER QUILT


Hibiscus in our garden 2014


Its almost mid June on the calendar, but the weather feels like early Spring.  Taking a leap of faith that things will be warming up soon, I changed out our bed quilt this morning for a lightweight basket quilt ~~~


I bought this cute king quilt in Branson on one of our visits. It's completely handmade.  Notice the orange peel border at the end of the quilt and also on the sides of the shams.  It's nicely quilted and softer than soft.  I must have aired this quilt outdoors before packing it away because it smells just like fresh air and sunshine!
 


Normally I don't buy a pair of shams when I buy a quilt but I thought these were cute and I caved in!

The binding on the You've Got Mail quilt should be completed in a day or so.  It's slow going due to the arthritis in my right hand.  I'm too stubborn to machine hem a binding.  Hand hemming bindings is one of my favorite things to do.  I will post pictures as soon as it's done. 

I hope all is well with you and yours. 

 

1 comment:

  1. That is a beautiful quilt!!! What a great find :-) Looks amazing on your bed!

    ~ Jess ~
    Everything Is Coming Up Rosie

    ReplyDelete