Followers

Thursday, June 14, 2012

Small Things


Have you ever thought about all the many small things you do each day without even thinking about them?  Since I got out of bed less than two hours ago I have changed the sheets on our bed ~ washed two loads of clothes and folded one load ~ started the dishwasher I forgot to start last night after dinner ~ packed Hubby's lunch and kissed and waved him off to work ~ fed Miss Molly ~ gave Molly her shot of insulin ~  made a grocery list ~ watered the flowers ~ picked zucchini ~ cleaned the hand prints off the storm door ~ swept the kitchen floor and wiped up the spots ~ took out the trash ~ wrote two checks to pay bills ~ ate a bowl of cereal ~ made a fresh batch of iced tea ~ swept the kitchen floor again because I spilled sugar ~ and stocked the fridge with bottled water and soda.  These are but a few of the little things that we all do that no one notices unless you don't do them!  Such is the rhythm of life.

I  am working on the binding on another king quilt.  Hand sewing the binding  on this quilt is a challenge due to the fabric being slippery and raveling quite a bit.  It will take a few days to get this job done.  This will be another UFO (unfinished object) I can mark of my list!   I have two more king quilts to make and then I may be done with making such large quilts.  They are much harder to handle during sewing and binding and the cost of having them quilted is relatively expensive.

My booth at the antique mall is coming along.  Yesterday I took a large load over there and displayed most of it.  We have two more furniture pieces to take there and then I can really get set up. I will post a photo when I remember to take the camera.

I have to make a quick run to the grocery store so I can bake six dozen cupcakes for a benefit bake sale....until next time I wish you a day filled with Peace & Plenty!


 

 

1 comment:

  1. Wow Barb, you are really soooo busy!!! I can't wait to see a photo of your booth...we have a antique store not too far from us that people also rent spaces...I haven't been there for a while...maybe I will visit it soon...have a great day, Carol

    ReplyDelete