Followers

Friday, June 8, 2012

Pre-Cut Movement

It's a lovely cool morning with promises of it being a scorcher later on today and the next few days.  This is good tomato and zucchini growing weather.  Today I will actually sit down and sew a little in my new sewing space. 

How many of you have ventured into the delicious world of pre-cut quilting fabric?  Pre-cuts carry yummy sounding names like jellyroll, layercake, turnovers, dessert rolls and charms.  These names are actually copyrights of the Moda company.  Just as I refer to all tissues as Kleenex and  all gelatin as Jello, I will continue to refer to pre-cuts by Moda's creative names.  Since I use primarily Moda fabrics I hope they will forgive me.

I resisted the pre-cut movement for a while, thinking they were far too costly.  Once I tried one I was hooked and I haven't looked back! What can you say about taking one colorful jellyroll and one hour later having a nice quilt top to show for your efforts!  Here is the first Jellyroll Race quilt I made.  It took me 45 minutes.


I don't use pre-cuts exclusively, but they are a wonderful way to try a designer's full line of fabric.  I used 5" charm squares to make a Disappearing Nine Patch (D9P) quilt.  I added some unrelated fabric for borders and into a few of the blocks.


The flag banner was made from jellyroll strips with white stars appliqued in the blue field.



If you haven't tried pre-cuts give yourself a treat and see if you can't turn back!!

May you have a day filled with Peace & Plenty.





No comments:

Post a Comment