Followers

Sunday, June 17, 2012

Big Shoes



This is a special day for all the men who walk in the big shoes of being Dads, Step-Dads and Grandpas.  I am so grateful for the wonderful Dad and Grandpa I was blessed with.  They both had a profound influence on my life and loved me unconditionally.

I've written volumes about Grandpa Bob, after whom I named every doll, pet and stuffed animal I ever owned.  My Dad was equally awesome and there wasn't anything in the world he wouldn't do for his daughters if it was in his power.  Dad had the bluest eyes and a quick sense of humor.  He was basically a hardworking, quiet man, but in my eyes he was a giant. 

Dad was very much a patriot and joined the US Marine Corps at the age of 17.  He saw combat in WWII and the Korean War.  He was required to do things he could never talk about.  He was equally stoic as he battled cancer.

Thank you Dad for taking care of me and loving me til the end of your life.  I wish I could grill you a monster steak today and bake you a coconut cream pie ~~  our favorite!!

Blessings ~~  Barb

No comments:

Post a Comment